15 June 2018

End of Year Gold Star Themed Piano Recital

I had LOTS of fun with my gold star theme for my end-of-the-school-year piano recital!
 I gathered all the gold and black decorations I had, plus bought a few more. I used some of my glittery gold  and music note ornaments from my Christmas decorations, too.
I found some black with gold stars scrap booking paper to use for my invitations. I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the lettering, piano and gold stars out of shiny gold foil. I used a gold paint pen to draw the border around the front of the invitation.
I bought square black envelopes from Hobby Lobby and used smaller gold stars to decorate the envelopes.
I dressed up my "piano recital" chalkboard signs with gold star stickers and used a black with gold cloth from my Halloween decorations. The program was also dressed up with gold star stickers.
I bought a dozen gold star helium balloons and put some piano key stickers on them, and put them around the room. My one regret is that I didn't make the piano keys larger!
I covered the backdrop with a black sheer curtain and put shiny gold fans on it. This was the back of the room above the refreshment table.
This is what the front of the room looked like.
I made slides of each student to be shown while they were playing their songs.
I covered the walls with a black sheer curtain and put shiny gold fans on it. This was the back of the room above the refreshment table.
I pulled these gold stars out of my Christmas decorations, and found the little gold star tea lights at the dollar store!
Since I was kind of obsessed with my gold star theme, I didn't ask the parents to bring refreshments this year. I wanted everything to match, so I made star-shaped sugar cookies with gold sprinkles;
I made brownies with peanut butter frosting because they fit my color scheme, as did mini eclairs.
I found these black with gold stars cupcake liners, and made turtle cheesecakes to go in them.
I also found these AWESOME shiny gold shaped plates at the dollar store. 
I made each student a wooden star with their name on it, that I gave them after the recital. I don't know how I ever got along without my Silhouette machine to make my decorations and gifts for the students!
 As usual, I played lots of duets with the students, but didn't play a solo piece this year.
 I divided the group into two so the recitals wouldn't be as long, as I've been doing for the past several years.
The only thing I dislike about splitting the group is not being able to get a photo of all the students together.
I was very pleased with the way everything turned out and felt it was a successful recital!

No comments: