22 June 2018

Kent's Visit to Vancouver



Suspecting that my Mother was near the end of her life, I took the opportunity to go visit her several times this year.


Sitting n the new lift recliner we bought for her.


I could not get away for moms 90th birthday party but came a few days later so all of her remaining children were home together for a day.  

Marty helped me pt in a new sidewalk so mom could wheel around the outside of the house to enjoy the back yard.  Grandson David Hassa built a ramp for the front door previously.  She cannot walk down the steps to the back patio anymore.  Steve Johnson watching from behind
Cutting the pavers

Laying the pavers

Still laying the pavers
Added some red stones and pavers for plant stands - The finished product


Marty and I went to help my high school friend Steve Johnson cut up and burn some of the piles of wood left over from the 35 acres of trees he had logged earlier in the year. 
We cut up a lot of the bigger logs for Steve to burn in the fireplace. 

Then burned the first of the over 100 piles of wood left over

I spent Sunday for Church and lunch with Elaine's Parents in Forrest Grove, Oregon.

Some photos of moms back yard

She loves gardening, and wishes she could still get out there and dig in the dirt. 



No comments: