31 May 2018

Welcome to the World, Grandchild #14!!

Garrett and Krystal's son was due the 1st of June, so in March I bought a plane ticket to fly out on

May 31st, which is a Thursday--so it's the beginning of my weekend.  My flight left early in the morning and arrived in Kansas City at 10:30am. On the evening of May 30th Garrett called to tell me that he and Krystal were heading to the hospital because Krystal was in labor. I had hoped to be in Kansas before their baby was born so that I could stay with the kids, but they ended up asking members of their ward to help them watch the older kids.


Long story short, Krystal hadn't had the baby before I landed, so I had to take an Uber to their house. The older kids were being babysat by a teenage girl, so her mother came to pick her up as soon as I arrived. The kids were very excited to see me. 
Shortly after I got to their house Garrett called to say that Matthew had been born.
Garrett came home, and after Krystal had some time to rest, we all went back to the hospital to meet Matthew!
After Alexa was born in Montana I was there to take the first family photo with the new baby, so I did the honors again with Matthew.
I couldn't decide which of these family photos I liked best so I put them both in.
The big brothers and sisters were all pretty excited about their new brother and wanted turns holding him.
The big brothers and sisters were all pretty excited about their new brother and wanted turns holding him.
Here's a picture of Mommy and Daddy bringing Matthew home from the hospital.
He was the star attraction for his older siblings!
I spent time with the big kids while Mommy and Daddy were at the hospital. Here are the girls being cute and silly.
Adam has decided he doesn't like getting his picture taken, so he's not very good at group photos.
I loved this tender moment on Sunday after church with Daniel touching his new little brother while Matthew slept on Garrett's chest.
A great shot of Matthew with his eyes open and looking very alert!
A picture of me with all the kids after church. Krystal stayed home with Matthew, of course.
Playing "hop on pop'!


It looked like everyone was having such a good time that Indie wanted to get  in on the action!
A sweet picture of Makayla with a very pleased smile as she holds her new brother.
Another tender moment of Adam hugging his new brother and his mommy.
Another sister looking very pleased to have a new baby brother!
Alexa turned two earlier in the month, so I brought her the name wall quilt that I'd made for her. She seems to be smiling more readily and was more willing to come to me now that she's a bit older.

No comments: