01 November 2017

October Entertaining

On October 3rd I hosted a birthday party at my house for Nancy, one of the ladies in our Bible study group. 
I was glad that all five of us were able to attend, plus Nancy's daughter. (who took this picture). It was a good opportunity to use my autumn themed decorating ideas. 
This little bonsai maple tree I made in Japan has been one of my favorite autumn decorations for more than twenty years.
I bought these glass pumpkin ornaments in Germany.
 I found these small ceramic pumpkins at Tuesday Morning to use as holders for the place card names.
 I used my French dishes because they have nice autumn colors and pretty scenes on them, and my rust colored table cloth with autumn leaves on it.
 I created some napkin rings by tying a bow of wired ribbon and added a metal leaf and a bead.
I served Swiss chicken cutlets, sweet potato yeast rolls (they have a nice orange color) and green salad. As a take-home gift I made individual apple pies in mini-mason jars. I wrapped them up prettily after I took this picture.
At the end of the month I hosted my annual Halloween piano party for my students.
 Several years ago I created a scavenger hunt for our yard using music clues. I have mostly different students now, so I used it again this year. Because of the work it took to set up the scavenger hunt, I didn't get as much decorating done as I have other years.
 I also wasn't organized enough to get some group pictures with me in them, like I have on other years.
This picture and the one below were taken after the party was over.

 Bible study was on Halloween this year, so I decorated some milk bottles using haunted houses I cut from vinyl. They turned out very cute!
I filled them with an orange/pineapple juice with some coconut flavoring added, and a small amount of 7-up. It was very good.

I've gotten lots of use out of these treble clef glasses I found at the dollar store several years ago!!

No comments: