12 November 2017

Last Minute Visit to See Our Parents

In October I received the bad news that my mom had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She'd been complaining that her stomach hurt, but nobody took her too seriously. We didn't have anything scheduled for the first weekend of November, so Kent and I decided to fly out to see our parents.
Kent spent most of his time with his mom, but didn't get any pictures of them together.
He took this picture of the garden to show the Japanese lanterns in it. We brought some of them over to Virginia and are growing them in our yard, too.
Jill and Brett came out the same weekend, so the "original six"(not seven, since Gates's death) were together. Reed and Myra hosted a nice family Sunday dinner for all of us. Kent and Brett's wife, Jill, were also there.
Kent came out on Sunday to go to church with my side of the family. It was testimony meeting, and I bore my testimony about "being born of goodly parents."
This shot is pretty much how Mom and dad spend their days. Even though the apartment is warm, Mom is always under that cozy fleece blanket.
I helped Mom put up the autumn decorations. The two autumn wall quilts I made for her are hung above the family pictures. Kent and I realize how fortunate we are at our age to have parents still living, and we're making an effort to visit our parents more frequently.

No comments: