28 April 2018

Historic Virginia Garden Week in Richmond

Every Spring I make sure to leave the last week of April unscheduled so I can tour the homes and gardens during Historic Virginia Garden Week. 
This year for the first time I went down to tour the homes in Richmond, VA, with three of my Bible Study friends. The weather was absolutely gorgeous!
We couldn't take pictures of the homes, but we could of the gardens and outdoor arrangements. I thought the one above was unique because they used flowers to look like a shish kabob.
Another flower arrangement.
This one was also cute because of the rustic holder and the cute little flowers and succulents on it.
I loved the flowers in the basket off this old fashioned bicycle.
The azaleas were in full bloom that weeke.
I asked someone to take our picture so you could see the pretty flowering trees and bushes behind us, and this is what I got.
This is what we were standing in front of.
This one turned out better since the azalea bushes were so tall.
Cute arrangement on a tree swing.
The exterior of one of the homes we toured. The lines weren't actually very long in front of most of the homes.
We also went to an exhibit about WWI in the Virginia Museum of History. 
A player piano with some music from the era of WWI, around 1917 to 1920.
Some items that belonged to President Woodrow Wilson.
Another display about some of the famous founding Fathers from Virginia.
We toured homes on Thursday and Friday, so we spent the night in the historic Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond.
Here's the statue of Thomas Jefferson in the lobby where you check in.
It was a very upscale hotel. Here are a couple of views of the lobby--from the upstairs looking down,
and from the downstairs looking up.
This was something new for me--in the bathroom there was a TV in the mirror! It was expensive, of course, and I don't think I'll ever stay there again. It wasn't worth the money if the bill hadn't been split between four of us.

No comments: