11 April 2018

Easter in Texas with the Stinsons and the Lees

I flew down to Houston at the end of March since it was Spring break and I wasn't teaching piano lessons. I was there just in time for preparations for Easter, which was April 1st. Lissa and Adri's families got together to dye Easter eggs.
The granddaughters dyed eggs at the Stinson's house while Carson was taking a nap.
They also had the Easter egg hunt in the Stinson's yard, but Carson was awake and participated in that!



After the Egg hunt the kids lined up for a photo with their loot.
Lissa ordered matching cute Easter shirts for the cousins. I'm not sure how many more years Carson will go along with wearing matching shirts, but it was sure cute this year!
Sophia with a salad made from leaves from her yard.
The cousins playing out in the cul de sac at the Lee's house. 
The guys watching General Conference together. Easter weekend was also General Conference weekend..
After Easter I babysat the Lee children for five days while their parents went on a cruise to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary.
I was impressed with how well behaved the kids were for me, especially Carson, since he hasn't been around me as much as the girls have.
Carson got into the Mardi Gras necklaces and put them on himself. Such are the joys of having two big sisters!!!
Sophia was in school all day, so Grace and Carson spent more time together. They usually got along very well. Grace was very good about working on puzzles while Carson took his nap.
I spent most of the week with the Lee children, but on Friday evening I took the kids out to Katy and we watched a dress rehearsal of Kiera's singing recital. Kiera did a good job and it was fun to hear her sing.
For this song Kiera wore a dress that I made for her mother. Kiera looked very pretty in it.
After Kiera's concert we went back to the Stinsons and had pizza for dinner and the girls played with sidewalk chalk.
Carson was a bit too young to use the sidewalk chalk, but he had fun in the little play house. 
Adri and Russ left on Monday morning and returned on Saturday morning, and I'd say the kids and I got along really well while they were gone. I flew back to DC on Saturday evening, April 7th.

No comments: