03 April 2019

Cherry Blossom Lunch and Viewing in DC

It had been several years since I hosted a cherry blossom-themed lunch, so I had one this year. I invited my Bible study friends, and all but one was able to come.
The front porch with my pink explosion for spring and Easter
I used my mom's wheat dishes on a silver charger, and mom's silver goblets, too
      I tried to keep my menu with Japanese or cherry themed food
 I bought sushi and gyoza, and made yakitori.
    
       
         
          
My desserts were cherry tarts, petit fours and cherry blossom candy melts with a maraschino cherry center

        We had an enjoyable time together, and during the meal we planned a visit to DC to see the cherry blossom trees. Kent drove us to DC and our first stop was Georgetown Cupcake.
   It was a gorgeous day and not even very crowded!
                    
We spent about three hours walking around the tide pool near the Jefferson Memorial, taking lots of pictures.

The trees were at a pretty stage, still full of blooms but also a carpet of blossoms on the ground. 


 It's such a lovely way to welcome spring and have a reminder of our time living in Japan at the same time. The National Cherry Blossom Festival is one of my favorite things about living near DC!
      

No comments: