18 September 2018

Visit to my Parents in September

I took another trip out to Oregon just a couple of weeks after seeing them at the end of August.
I took some pictures of them in their every day lives. My dad stops to talk to everyone and tries to know all the names of the residents and the workers at their assisted living center.
They eat in the dining room with Harold, who is 100 years old.
Mom uses her walker to walk the over 500 steps to the dining room. Dad won't let her shuffle or walk slowly. Sometimes Mom gets tired and needs to rest on the walk back to their apartment.
                                      Dad bought this fancy Pacifica a couple of years ago since it's higher up and easier for my mom to get into. 
Mom and Dad on their way into church.

I put a picture of Mom and Dad's bed in here, because every morning my dad makes the bed and places all the throw pillows. My mom used to do it before her stroke, but now my dad does it since Mom isn't able to.
Here's my mom at her exercise class she attends every Monday, Wednesday and Friday after breakfast, and Mom visiting with another resident. My dad does a very good job of taking care of Mom, and I'm glad for the time I'm able to spend time with them.

No comments: