18 March 2018

Disney World--Magic Kingdom

Our third and final day with the Stinsons in Florida was the Magic Kingdom. The original Disneyland theme park.

Weather was nice, even though we had to dodge a few rain storms.  Fortunately we could duck into rides and missed the worst of it.  We must have been pretty tired from all the fun because we didn't seem to have many pictures of this last day. I know we went on the Small World ride, and I think it was Winny the Poo ride that we went on twice.  I must admit that after the amazing rides and sights we had seen the first couple of days with Harry Potter and Avatar Magic Kingdom did not have near the appeal.  It is more for children. That is not to say it was not amazing in its own way.  I still love the decorative castles, fantasy-land type buildings and fake rocks that look so amazingly real they are amazing.  I found myself feeling a little like my life had less meaning because I have never worked as an "Imagineer" at Disney-land. I think I would have loved that. But I can still enjoy the Magic Disney has created.

 Of course the refreshments were great as always - and a GREAT price too!
I got my customary Ice Cream that I always like to have when traveling. 
Flying Dumbo was one of the few pictures we took on rides.  


Of course the classic "Disney Castle" was amazing. 

Very decorative murals and stained glass on the inside. Lovely

And of course the classic
 photos of the castle to prove we were really there!


It was an amazing, whirlwind of a three day vacation with the Stinson Family.  It was fun as always to spend time with them.  It is a blessing to be able to see the Disney Magic through the eyes of children.  The world is a much more magical place to them, and that magic is contagious when we can share adventures like this with them.  I hope we will be able to do this with all of our grandchildren some day.  Not all at the same time but with each family as their children get to be at that magical age that makes them so enjoyable.



No comments: