31 August 2017

Hanging out in Alabama Waiting for the Twins to be Born

Before I get started telling about my visit to Alabama to help Tyler and Rachel when their twins were born, I thought I'd put in this selfie I took as I was watching the total solar eclipse on August 21st. There was lots of hype about the "Great American Eclipse", since the path of the eclipse went across the entire country, but I didn't plan ahead and get eclipse glasses until the last minute. In Virginia the sun was only covered 73%, but it was still really awesome to watch from our back porch.
On August 26th I flew to Alabama in anticipation of the birth of Tyler and Rachel's twins. To be honest, I booked the flight two months earlier and thought they would have already been born by that day. But they weren't, so I figured I could at least help out Rachel in the last few days before the twins were born.
 I took this picture at church, because I thought it was a sweet moment between Andrew and his mommy before their world was changed by the addition of two new siblings.
 This was Sunday after church as I was reading books to Sylvia and Andrew.
The base pool was open in the evenings, so Tyler and I took the big kids over a couple of times to swim.

We had fun building towers with the Lincoln logs.
Daddy with his kids. Andrew decided he didn't want to have his picture taken.
Bonding with Grandma time.
Sylvia playing in the sand on the sidewalk as we waited for Andrew's bus to come.
Andrew goes to preschool everyday from 8:30am to 1pm. In the morning his daddy drops Andrew off at school on his way to work, but Andrew rides the school bus to come home.

It was rainy a couple of the days we were walking home from the bus stop, so I let the kids use my umbrella. They really liked using the umbrella, and they didn't have ones just for them, so I found some on line and ordered cute kid umbrellas for them.
While I was visiting Andrew had an open house for his school. We got to see his classroom and meet one of his new friends.
This lion is outside the entrance to the school, and Andrew and Sylvia were very impressed with it! I think it's a water fountain.
Sylvia trying out the twins baby stroller.
I actually took these pictures of Sylvia and Andrew at the park while Daddy was visiting Mommy and the twins in the hospital after they were born.
I'm glad I was able to spend so much time with Tyler and Rachel's family, even if I was only there for three days after the twins were born!

No comments: