29 February 2016

February Visit to the Colorado Carsons

I took a fun trip to Colorado in February to see Rachel and the kids while Tyler is in Afghanistan. I wanted to try to give her a little break from single parenting, and I had a great time with Andrew and Sylvia. It was a win-win!
Andrew wanted to play with the play dough every day I was there.
 He has an amazing array of cookie cutters and gadgets to shape the play dough.
Photographic evidence of Andrew playing with the play dough on three different days.
 Rachel wanted me to show her how to make cinnamon rolls, and of course Andrew wanted to help.
 All that experience with play dough made him a good helper with the bread dough!
Andrew helping his mommy clean the piano.
The weather was nice enough that we went on some walks.
One day we went to the Pioneer Museum in Colorado Springs.
 This was taken outside of the museum. You can see it was a really nice day, considering it was the middle of February.
 One of the places in the museum was set up like an old-time photo studio with hats and bonnets to wear. I think this is a fabulous picture of Rachel and Sylvia. Andrew didn't want to be in the picture.
This was in a room that had been used as a courtroom.
 In the children's room there was a teepee that the kids really liked to play in.
 Afterwards Andrew had some energy to burn,
 so he played out in the grass outside of the museum for a bit.
Here's Andrew playing with the car mat I made for him.
 They have a fun play room set up in the basement for the kids.
 I always love reading to the kids at bedtime. Andrew doesn't look too thrilled, does he? He liked being read to, he just didn't want to get his picture taken!
I was able to watch the kids while Rachel had a church meeting, went to some exercise classes, did some shopping and had a dentist appointment. I wasn't there long, but I'm so glad I could go and spend some time with that sweet little family. Rachel is an awesome mother and a wonderful homemaker.

1 comment:

L3 said...

Lucky Rachel!!