30 December 2015

Christmas in Houston with the Stinsons and Lees

Kent and I spent Christmas in Houston with the Stinsons and the Lees. The photo below was taken at the Houston Children's Museum, where we went one afternoon before Christmas. We had good weather for the ten days we were there.
Here's granddad with the Stinson girls, looking very happy!
I took Sophia to do a little last minute Christmas shopping, and these were the shoes she picked out to try on!
She didn't get very far when she tried to walk in them.
 Granddad bonding with Grace; she's a cuddler!
These are the Christmas stockings I've made for Adri and Russ's family,
and for Jason and Lissa's family.
All the granddaughters enjoying a ride on the car in the game arcade.
In this picture Kiera and Savannah are wearing the dresses I made for Lissa and Adri when they were little.
We went to Moody Gardens in Galveston with the Lee family to see the Christmas lights display.



Sophia wanted to go ice skating. It was her first time and she did very well!

We acted out the nativity story on Christmas eve.
Savannah and Sophia did a great job as the angels.
Here are some photos from Christmas morning.

My mom knitted dolls for the older three granddaughters.
They were cute, soft and cuddly.
I made Kiera a piano bag and gave her a piano book of Primary songs.

I also made a quiet book for the Lee family.

Here are a sample of a few of the pages.
This is one of my favorite pages, with the fish swimming in the ocean.
It's a very time consuming project, so I'm only making one book per family.
Kent and I flew home the day after Christmas so Kent could go back to work. It was great to see so much of our family during the month of December!

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I'm so glad you guys came to visit us! :)

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I hadn't seen all those pictures before! haha I love Sophia trying on those shoes. :) I'm not surprised she picked them - since they're pink, and I'm also not surprised she couldn't walk in them. At least they matched her shirt! I like that picture of Grace cuddling with Granddad, too! We were so gad to be together for Christmas, and looking at those pictures actually made me nostalgic for long pants, jackets, and colder temperatures (not snow and true winter, but Texas-style winter)!