22 December 2015

December Doings

I had my piano recital a bit earlier than usual this year, on the first Sunday of the month. I had it at the main library in the city of Fredericksburg, since they have a nice event room with a grand piano. It was a very nice venue.
I borrowed a sheet music skirt from a friend, and wore it with a music scarf I already had.
Here's what my invitations looked like.
I played many duets with my students, as I usually do.
Here's a picture of the ornaments I made for the kids this year.
Next are some pictures of our house with all the Christmas lights Kent put up, fondly known as "Kent's Festival of Lights."
He started putting up the lights in November.
This is the gate the piano students go through on the way to the basement for lessons.
This was a new addition to Kent's display-- lights on the side of the house.
This is the view from the street. It looked fantastic!
I read somewhere that having Afternoon Tea at the Willard in downtown DC was one of the classic experiences in Washington, DC.
So I organized a trip with my Bible Study group.
The hotel was very elegant and upscale, and the price of the tea definitely reflected it.
Here's a close-up of the food, which I have to say, wasn't anything to write home about. The tray below was for two people. The desserts were especially disappointing. Everything was of the same consistency, sort of pudding, mousse-like, and not particularly tasty.
This is our van, parked right in front of the hotel, due to the valet parking.
After tea we went to see the lights at the DC Temple. We also went to the Visitor's Center to see the nativity set display and a musical play about the birth of Jesus. I think everyone enjoyed it.
Another awesome thing I did was to go to the Virginia Historical Society to see a display of costumes from the series, "Downton Abbey."
Here are some of the costumes.
I LOVE the gorgeous costumes, fabrics and old fashioned styles.

Here are the friends who joined me to see the exhibit. It was a fun day.

No comments: