13 February 2012

The Many Faces of Daniel

We were very disappointed that Garrett, Krystal and Daniel weren't able to join the rest of the family in Utah during December, so I flew out to see them in California in January.
 Daniel turned one on December 30th and had no memory of me since I hadn't seen him since July.  He warmed up to me a bit, but definitely preferred his parents!
Here's Garrett working his fatherly magic by putting Daniel to sleep.



                  Daniel is at such a cute age and is doing lots of big-boy things like playing with legos.
Krystal and I took Daniel to the park while Garrett was at work.
 Daniel love, love LOVES to swing!  He had a look of pure joy on his face while he was being pushed in the swing.

 How about that sweet heart-shaped leaf Daniel found on the ground?  Perfect photo for Valentine's day!
 Daniel likes to feed himself and gets most of his food into his mouth.
                
 We went to the aquarium in Santa Barbara, and Daniel was a bit afraid of the sea creatures.  Good thing Daddy was there to protect him.
 Daniel isn't too sure about the shark on his stroller---
 Looks like the shark is on the attack!  ( I guess Daddy didn't protect him from the shark)
 Daniel loves books and is good at turning the pages.
 Here he is reading the "Colors" quiet book I made for him.
 In this photo Daniel was trying to charm me into giving him my cell phone.
It worked.
 My time in California was too short but it was fun to spend time getting to know our only incredibly adorable and photgenic grandson! 

3 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

He's such a handsome little guy! So cute!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

What a cutie! I especially love the pictures of him clinging to Garrett (and I was going to pick another one I love, but I love them all! He's so cute!) I think he's starting to look a bit more like Krystal now, but he sure also looks a lot like his daddy!

To Garrett: I think it's time for a new coat. :D

Garrett and Krystal said...

We had such a fun time with you and looking forward to seeing you in March. Those pictures are so fun!

PS: Adri, Garrett will give up his coat when you can pry it from his cold dead body....