23 December 2010

December Doings

We didn't do as much in December as I'd wanted to, because of the osteoarthritis in my right leg, but here are the things we DID do!Kent and I worked at the DC temple twice in the month of December, so had two chances to see the lovely lights when it wasn't as crowded as usual.

I hosted a cookie exchange, which was a lot of fun.

Here we are with our haul after we did the exchanging. Not all the ladies who came are in the picture.
Before working at the temple one Friday evening I went into DC early and to go to the Smithsonian Museum of American Art to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit. I LOVED it! Photos weren't allowed, but the art was just wonderful.
I've seen lots of reproductions of Rockwell prints in books and magazines, so it was awesome to see some of his actual art works. Most of the works were large, with gorgeous color and details. I loved reading about his inspirations and the stories behind his paintings. I'm so glad I was able to see it.
We were able to gather with our good friends, the Jeos and the Andrews, one Saturday and had a wonderful visit with them. We all went to Richmond, VA, for the 2nd birthday party of the Andrews' granddaughter, Lily Stettler. It was really fun.
Of course December means the Christmas piano recital.This year I played the "Sleigh Ride" duet with a lady from our ward, and we added sleigh bells and wooden blocks for accompianment. Kent played the wooden blocks to sound like horses' hooves for sound effects, and it was really fun. I wish I had a picture of us playing, but I haven't got the copies from the person we asked to take pictures for us.
Those were the main activities we had for the month of December before we flew to Texas for Christmas.

1 comment:

Garrett and Krystal said...

What a busy month! But so fun. :) That is a nice picture of you and Dad in front of the temple.