05 July 2010

Quality Grandparent Time in Texas

We've been spending the week in Texas, celebrating Kiera's second birthday and the fourth of July. It's hard to believe our week here is almost over; it went too quickly!
Kiera calls Grandpa "Pappa"........

and Grandma is "Miya" .

Kiera got some serious loot for her birthday. I put one of her gifts in this Disney Princesses gift bag, and she's been having fun playing with the bag.
We gave Kiera this princess tiara and I made her the tutu. Her mom and dad bought her the little princess castle.
Kiera loves to wear sunglasses and has several pairs.

We went for a walk around a little pond on Sunday evening.

When we got home Kiera and I played a few duets at the piano. She's well on her way to becoming an excellent page turner.

Today we went to the beach at Galveston. It was Kiera's first experience with the ocean and she really liked it. I thought she might be afraid of the waves, but she wasn't.
We also went to the pool, and Kiera cried when we had to leave.
One gift we gave Kiera for her birthday was a picture of us to put in her room, so she'll remember her Grandpa and Grandma after we leave for Virginia tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I decided several things while I read this:

1. Kiera doesn't smile in pictures because she's trying to look like the hollywood stars

2. I really liked the page turning picture. I thought you were going to say that she was on her way to being a great pianist

3. I like the matching red shirts with grandpa :)

4. Who knew Lissa would have a daughter who likes accessories so much!?

5. Beach, pool, pond - I think Kiera must like water.

Garrett and Krystal said...

Aww! Those pictures were so cute, especially the one of Kiera and Dad sitting on the swing and the picture and comment about her on her way to being an excellent page turner. It looks like you had such a good time. :)