07 May 2010

BYU Rocks!!

We took LOTS of pictures at Adrianne's graduation from BYU with a degree in early childhood education, so it was hard to choose just a few. My greatest regret is that we never took a picture of all of us in the family together while we were in Provo. Lissa, Jason and Kiera flew up from Houston to attend, and Tyler still lives in Provo. Only Garrett and Krystal were missing from our family reunion. (They're in Mississippi for pilot training.)

The sun was in our eyes for many of the outside shots we took, but it was a good picture with the bell tower and the "Y" in the background.
Can you spot Adrianne amongst the 6,300 graduates??
The banner Adri is holding has been used for six graduations so far--four high school and two college. I should add that Garrett also officially graduated from BYU in April, since there were no ceremonies in December when he finished.
This is one of the few shots we got of Lissa, Jason and Kiera.

Here's the next generation BYU student in the family. Kiera doesn't like to sit still or smile for the camera!
Before we attended Adri's graduation ceremony on Thursday afternoon, we all went into her first grade classroom on Thursday morning to help out with some art projects.

I think we were more of a distraction than a help, but we had a good time!


Lastly are pictures of Adri's quilt that I worked on as we drove across the US. I machine sewed the quilt together before we left, and in the car I did some hand stitching.
I started this quilt top two years ago before we left Germany and gave it to Adri at her bridal shower. I made it using the fabric scraps of all the dresses I'd made her when she was a little girl. I embroidered a feather stitch along the middle seams of the blocks, because on the quilts my grandmother used to make she did the feather stitch. Hopefully you can see the feather stitch in the close-up of the quilt below. (The white square in the middle of the picture has fabric from her wedding dress, blessing dress and the white dress she wore after she was baptized.)

It feels great to have that huge project completed, since I originally planned for it to be a wedding gift.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Ooh, you have a lot more pictures than we had! You'll have to send them to me.

Melissa said...

I have to agree that BYU rocks, and being a BYU graduate rocks even more! Way to go Adri!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I do love the quilt! I love remembering what each of the pieces are from, and I do notice the hand-stitching. Every time I see it I just think I could never do a project THAT intense!