20 March 2010

What the ....?!?!

Here are some random sights I've seen in the past couple of months that made me do a double take, and fortunately I had my handy-dandy camera ready. The first three sights brought a chuckle, and the last one made me disgusted.

Perhaps these people were preparing for a performance of "The Princess and the Pea." Lissa and Jason just bought a house that doesn't have a basement. I wonder if I could buy this basement and have it shipped to Texas??
Rats! What was I thinking putting this picture in? Now the kids will know what they're getting in their stockings next Christmas. It's such a clever idea; everyone could use Fly Ribbon.
Please look carefully to notice the name at the top of this billboard in this picture I took in downtown Washington, DC. (It's not the greatest shot since I took it from the car as I was stopped at a traffic light.)

Can anyone give me a good reason why the President's name would be on the billboard at a construction site for a government building? Did he PERSONALLY provide the funding for it?
I suppose our tax dollars had nothing to do with it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

There have been so many times I've seen crazy things and wished I had my camera! You are smart to keep it handy!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Funny post! :) AND now I am REALLY looking forward to Christmas!

Jason and Lissa said...

Haha! Send the basement our way!

We don't have basements because 1) it floods here and 2) the water table is too high.

I'm with Adri. Fly paper sounds like the best. Gift. Ever.

Smith Family said...

Ha ha, funny! I had to laugh at the fly tape as we teetered on ladders to hang it up at Girls Camp. I think they will make an awesome stocking stuffer. I can't believe that van with all the weight on top. CRAZY!