15 September 2019

Things We did in September 2019

  After returning from Mexico I had a birthday party. My friend, Kathy, created this awesome board with different types of candy.
 We ate birthday cake in our yard on the side of the house that Kent has started to fix up and has it looking nice.
 I made myself the same maple butter pecan cake I'd made last year, but did a bit better job on the cake than I did before. I think it was even better than last year. We ended up saving half of it and using it for the next birthday we celebrated in our Bible Study group.
 Later in the month our ward was assigned to send members to help put up the Christmas lights on the DC Temple grounds. Kent and I volunteered and spent a Saturday morning wrapping trees with lights. Even though the temple is closed for renovations, the Visitor's Center is open and they will still have the Christmas lights display.
We sold our antique piano that we've had in our living room for the past 11 years. I didn't ever play it and it made our living room look small and cramped, so we go rid of it.
We also sold our 1992 floral couch and bought a new one. I'd been looking for a new couch for years, and finally found one I liked at Pier 1 Imports.
At the end of the month I flew out to Oregon to visit my dad. I always love the view of Mount Hood that I see from the airplane as we land at Portland Airport.
We went to tour the Tilamook Cheese factory and ate lunch there.

Jill also came to Oregon so we could visit Dad together.
 This is a cute photo spot they have at the factory, so we piled in for a picture. We had a good time, and as usual I spent some of my time going through old photographs and albums.

No comments: