18 December 2018

Christmas Piano Recital 2018

This year's Christmas recital had a peppermint, candy cane theme. 
 The colors I used were bright, glittery red and lime green, which was a color scheme I'd never used before.
 The ward dinner was the night before my recital and they didn't have time to take down the white Christmas lights, so that added a nice touch to my recital. They were actually the ones we'd put up for the Nativity Exhibit the week before and had been kept up all week.
 The four girls on the front row are good friends and are all very fun to teach!
The recital was on Sunday at 5:30pm so I didn't have much time to decorate since our ward meetings didn't end until 4pm.
It's been several years since I did a two-piano duet, so it was fun to bring in a second piano for the last number of one of the recitals.
 This may possibly one of my best pictures ever at a recital with a student at the piano!!
Since I started doing two recitals I always request that the participants in the second recital please come early for a group photo with the students from the first recital, but it hasn't ever worked out since there are always some students who don't come in time for a photo.
 Thus there are some kids who are in both photos. It was nice when I could get a photo of all the students in the same picture.
Here are some pictures of the decorations. The front of the room by the piano:
The back of the room by the refreshment table.
 The back wall with the refreshment table.
 A better picture of the back wall decorations.
 I borrowed these floral arrangements left over from the ward party and added my own music notes,  plus the lime green and peppermint candy accents. I really liked the way they turned out!
The ornaments for the students this year were flat wooden ornaments that I painted white and added black keys to. They were simple and inexpensive.  The dollar tree had large plastic candy canes decorations, so I bought them and used them to make treble clef decorations on the walls.
                                               

I put many hours of planning and preparing for the recitals, so it's always a relief to have another successful recital completed!

No comments: