10 June 2017

Piano Recital

If it's June it must be Piano Recital time!
I've enjoyed using these chalkboard signs that I had made a few years ago. I have two and put them on the doors into the Cultural Hall.
I spent about 25 hours (not even exaggerating!) making these lovely recital invitations.
First I had to create the Piano Recital graphic with the flourishes on my Silhouette machine, then cut it out from glitter vinyl, then remove it from the backing and placing it on the pink cardstock. 
I also cut out the grand piano shape on my Silhouette machine. The piano keyboards are washi tape, which was the only easy part of these invitations.
In spite of the crazy amount of time it took to make them (which I didn't anticipate) I was pleased with how they turned out.
I had two recitals to accommodate all my students schedules-one on Friday night and one on Saturday morning.
I performed a solo this year, which I'm sometimes too stressed to do, or don't have enough time to practice.
It's actually much more pleasant to have smaller recitals. I don't have to set up the larger side of the cultural hall and it's much shorter for the families.
The three teenagers in the back row next to me played a trio, and they did very well. We had lots of extra practices so they put in extra work.
My color scheme was hot pink, black and white, as they were on the recital invitations.
I used my paint sticks again to create the music staff. I thought it was a creative way to use my paint sticks again!
I had enough paint sticks to put several staves around the room, and I used music symbols that I already had to put on them.
I put music notes and keyboard decorations on the paper fans.

I made the banner across the top of the wall new this year. I love how it turned out.
I thought this little piano was the perfect centerpiece for the refreshment table. Another new addition this year was the black piano keys I sewed on to the front of the white tablecloth.
It was another successful piano recital and I was very happy with the decorations and the performances by the students.

No comments: