07 September 2017

Granddad the Handyman Goes to Kansas

I took some leave time to go see the kids in Kansas in July
I don't think Alexa ever smiled for me, but she did let me hold her this visit. 
Part of the purpose of the visit was to help get the dark green and dark brown colors off the wall, so we had a couple days of painting parties. 
It was a group effort.
Makayla and Daniel even helped in the tight areas


Pretty happy to be paintin!
Even Adam go in on the act.
The kids all had fun before church "climbing" the railing.  Alexa thought it was pretty fun then all the kids joined her.


We played a lot in their Way Cool basement playroom.  They have a very big house!
And of course no visit would be complete without some pop-rockets.  I played with Adam & Alexa while the older kids were off to school

Super cute picture of the two kids.
Having parents who grew up in Kansas, I spent many summer in Kansas so this sight was familiar to me.  
And lastly, the butterfly was enjoying the sunflowers too!
Had a great time and can't wait to go back. 

PS  I helped Garrett get started on building some terraces in his back yard for his garden.  The ground is more sloped than we thought, but it came out pretty well. 

No comments: