31 December 2016

Christmas in Oregon and Washington with Our Parents

On the 15th of December I flew out to Oregon to visit my parents. Unfortunately, there were snowstorms in other parts of the country, causing both of my flights to be delayed. It ended up taking me almost twelve hours to get from DC to Portland. Oh well, such are the joys of traveling in the winter time!
Mom and Dad were very happy to see me. They had waited for me to arrive so that I could help them put up their Christmas decorations. The picture below was taken on Sunday after church.
Mom liked having this nativity set from Mexico up so much she decided to keep it out year-round.
Here's Mom posing with the lovely Christmas flower arrangement that Lissa sent her.
 We spent several evenings over with Reed and Myra. One evening we acted out the Christmas story. Mom was the narrator and read from Luke,
 And these were the three wisemen.
 Here we are ready to have Christmas dinner. Kent arrived on Christmas eve.
 After dinner we posed in front of Reed and Myra's Christmas tree.
 Jill and her girls came in on the 27th of December.
This picture was taken when Kent was over with his family in Vancouver.
 One day Mom and Jill were sick, so Myra and I entertained Zoey and Anna. We played board games, baked a cake and had a pretty good time.
 The three original Christensen women.
 Dad with Zoey and Anna.
 Dad was doing an amazing job of taking care of Mom and helping her with everything she needed.
 Here's Kent's mom posing with the lovely Christmas flower arrangement Lissa sent to her.
I guess Linda was at work when this picture of the Carson's was taken.
 Kent and his mother. He did some projects for her while he was there.
 She's doing pretty well for an 88-year-old widow!
Kent and I flew back to DC on December 31st.  We're glad we were able to spend Christmas with our parents. It's nice that they only live 45 minutes apart from each other!

No comments: