09 October 2016

Welcome to the World Carson, Grandchild #11!


I arrived in California on Thursday evening in anticipation of the birth of Adri and Russ's new son.  Adri went to her doctor's appointment on Friday morning and was told it didn't look like the baby would be born any time soon. We were disappointed--I didn't want him to be born on the day I was heading back to Virginia!

Sunday while we were sitting in Relief Society Adri said she felt a "pop" and thought it felt like what had happened with Sophia when her water broke. We grabbed the girls out of their Primary classes and headed home. It was about 1:20pm when that happened, and by 2pm Adri and Russ were heading to the hospital. Below is the picture I took of them before they headed out.
 Here's a picture of the big sisters, waiting to hear when their baby brother would be born. They're both wearing dresses they were given in Nigeria.
 Sure enough, little Carson Lee was born at 4:30pm, just three hours after we left church. It was good timing, because I was there to take care of the girls AND he was born the day before Sophia's birthday. It would have been tough in the future if he'd been born on Sophia's birthday. The good news was that I still had eight more days that I'd be in California to help out.
 He was 21" long and weighed 7 lbs. 15oz, with lots of dark hair. After I fed the girls dinner we loaded up in the car to go visit Mommy, Daddy and the new little brother. I think this first family picture of all of them turned out great!
 Sophia was instantly thrilled with her little brother. Doesn't she look so happy?

Grace took a bit longer to warm up to him, but by the time he came home on Monday she was excited to see him and wanted to be helpful and give him things.
 Here's a three generation photo. It was so exciting to meet little Carson when he was only a few hours old.
 On Monday after I picked Sophia up from school (it was her fifth birthday) we went back to the hospital to visit Mommy and Carson. Sophia is wearing her "birthday girl" shirt.
 I love, love, love this picture of the kids with Adri.
Mommy, Daddy and Carson came home about 7 pm on Monday. Here's Carson after he came home on the blanket his great grandmother Christensen and I made for him.
Welcome to our eternal family, dear little Carson Lee!!

1 comment:

L3 said...

He looks perfect! Congratulations to all of you.