09 May 2016

Kent Turns 60! and Our Visit to Houston

 I don't know how it happened, but somehow Kent turned the big 6-0 this year. We celebrated with our empty-nester family home evening group.
I made him a multi-layer lemon cake with raspberry filling and a multi-layer chocolate mint cake with chocolate ganache frosting. They were both really yummy.
Just a few days later we flew to Texas to attend Kiera's piano recital.
I played a duet of "Oh Susannah" with Kiera for her second number.
 While I was there we had a little mother-daughter tea party.

 We were in Katy for mother's day.
On that Sunday the girls wore dresses that I'd made for Lissa when she was a girl.
 Here are some pictures of Lissa when she was wearing the dresses
Lissa 1989 age 7
Lissa 1988 Age 6
Kiera 2011 Age 3
Savannah 2016 Age 5
I came back home on the Monday after Mother's day, and Kent stayed in Texas to babysit the girls while Lissa joined Jason in Brazil for a business trip. 
While he was there he not only took care of the girls, but also built shelves for the storage area of the garage and did some painting. It was a great deal for the Stinsons!!

No comments: