11 October 2015

September Visit to Houston

I took a quick trip to Houston to see the Lees and the Stinsons. Lissa picked me up from the airport and then we met Adri and her girls to go out to lunch. We actually met at the Joanne's fabric store since Lissa wanted to look for some curtain fabric for Kiera's room. 

  Adri had told Sophia there was going to be a surprise for her (me) when they went to the fabric store. But when she saw me, Sophia just clung to her mommy and wouldn't come to me. It was very surprising, because Sophia is usually the grandchild who is most excited to see me. She warmed up quickly and soon we were best buddies. (Lots of head leaning going on in these photos!)
Gracie has mastered the art of drinking with a straw (she actually has two for maximum effectiveness) and is quite a pro at it.
On Saturday was Kiera's first soccer game. It was a hot and sunny day, and the sport fields were crowded! Jason ended up being one of the coaches of the team.
Savannah and I were there to cheer Kiera on.
 Later in the afternoon the Lees came over and we had another Crystal Light tea party.
 I made some mini-eclairs, chocolate covered strawberries, aqua colored jello, and crackers and cheese for our snack.
Of course we were all wearing our bead necklaces.
Fifteen-month-old Gracie wanted to be in on the fun,
 as did the Stinsons' new little kitties.
That night we had a little birthday celebration for me since my birthday had been a couple of weeks earlier. I didn't have a cake on my birthday, so I made one for myself with peanut butter frosting in the layers and crushed peanut butter cups on top. It was DELICIOUS. It may be one of the best cakes I've ever eaten. 
 The granddaughters helped me out with blowing out the candles.
This was taken at church on Sunday. At first Grace wasn't sure she wanted me to hold her, but she warmed up to me as the days went by.
After Sunday dinner at the Lees house we went for a walk around the neighborhood. Below is a good picture of everyone except Grace and me.
 Grace was behind Savannah in the stroller, and I was taking the picture.
On Monday I went to watch Sophia at her gymnastics class. I took this picture afterwards when the kids were playing. I thought the girls both had cute expressions on their faces.
 This is a fun picture of Adri with her two little sweeties making dinner in the kitchen that night. I made Kiera's bedroom curtains and gave Kiera piano lessons while I was in Texas.
 I had to leave early Tuesday morning, but Sophia wanted to get up to go with Adri to take me to the airport. She was sleepy and apparently cranky later in the day, but I thought it was sweet that she wanted to come.
Another fun, whirlwind trip to Houston!

1 comment:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Oh! I must not be very good at checking anyone's blogs because I don't think I'd seen this post yet. Those are some cute pictures, and I don't think I'd seen them all. It makes me miss just being able to go to Lissa's house and having you visit so often since you could come visit us both at the same time. :)