20 June 2015

End of School Piano Recital

This year's end of school recital was on June 12th at the church. I usually do a black and white with an accent color scheme, but this year I had fun with a brown and coral color scheme.
The week before the recital I wrote each of the students a handwritten note, encouraging them to do their best. Included was a cookie, which was their favorite part, I'm sure.
Here are the cookies. I rolled out sugar cookies into rectangles, frosted them with white frosting and used sections of Hershey bars as the black keys. It was easy and tasted yummy.
I did something similar with cupcakes I made for refreshments at the recital. I had to cut the Hershey squares into smaller pieces to use as the black keys on the top.
I have lots of peach colored paper lanterns, so I had Kent put up a string across from one side of the cultural hall to the other and hung the lanterns and a pennant banner along it.
Here's the side view. I use the screen to show pictures of the piano students from previous recitals, and also list the song, with an illustration, they're playing.
View of the front of the room.
Playing duets with two of my youngest students in this photo and the one below.

The whole group together. They are such a good group of kids.
I like to get a picture with Kent since he also wears his recital finery. I wore the coral and brown to match my color scheme, and had a lovely new music notes scarf to wear, that the Stinsons gave me. I think it was supposed to be a birthday present, but I was happy to get it early so I could wear it at my recital!

No comments: