10 April 2015

Sylvia's Blessing in Colorado

Kent and I flew to Colorado on Good Friday to be there for Sylvia's blessing. It was the first time for Kent to meet his newest granddaughter.
One of our first activities on Saturday morning was dying Easter eggs with Andrew.
 At twenty months old he's old enough to enjoy the process.
 He also had fun finding the eggs and candy that his parents hid in the backyard.
 Rachel's parents, David and Brooke Judd, were also in town for the blessing. Tyler and Rachel took us to tour Glen Eyrie Castle, a historic home in Colorado Springs built in the early 1900's.
Andrew and Sylvia were well-behaved on the two-hour tour. Andrew did a good job of sharing his attention with all of the grandparents. 
 It was a beautiful day in a beautiful setting.
Sylvia was blessed in the break between General Conference sessions on Easter Sunday.
 Rachel and Tyler asked me to make Sylvia's blessing dress. I was honored to do so. She looked sooo sweet and pretty in it!
 So far I've made the blessing dresses for five out of the six granddaughters. I didn't make one for Makayla because she wore the one her mommy wore when she was blessed.
One thing I did on Sylvia's dress that I hadn't on the others was the hand-smocking. I don't believe I've smocked anything since I made Adri's baptism dress in 1996, so I was nervous about doing it. Fortunately, it came back to me quickly, especially since I did a very simple design.
The happy family before the blessing.
Granddad and Grandma Carson with the newest member of our eternal family. 

Andrew getting a closer view of General Conference.
 Andrew enjoying a cupcake that we had for treats after the blessing. (as well as lots of other yummy food.)
 What a wonderful weekend it was with Tyler and Rachel's little family. It's such a joy to see our children as adults, raising their families in the gospel and making such good choices! We've been richly blessed.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

That's a very pretty blessing dress! Looks like you had a good time!

Lissa said...

That's a very pretty blessing dress! Looks like you had a good time!