01 September 2014

More from June

My parents came to visit for about five days in the middle of June, and while they were here they celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary. As a surprise, I invited my brothers and sister to come for their anniversary.  My older brother couldn't come, but my younger brother and sister did.  My parents were very surprised!!
At my piano recital I had a cake for my parents anniversary. I also ordered some music from e-bay, and played on the piano some of my mom's favorite songs from the 1960's.
I took Mom and Dad to the National Museum of the Marine Corps, which isn't far from our house in Virginia. They really enjoyed it.
In this photo my dad is posing with a survivor from the Battle of Iwa Jima from World War II.
Here's a group photo of all of us on our porch.
Latter in the month I went to the Smithsonian Museum of American History, where they displaying the original hand-written page by Frances Scott Key of "The Star-Spangled Banner."

I picked Kent up from work and we went to Fort McHenry in Baltimore.
This is the fort that was under siege during the War of 1812 when the "Star Spangled Banner" was written.
We also went to the National Aquarium,
and walked around the Baltimore Harbor.
Another fun outing was to see the Broadway production of "Beauty and the Beast", which was playing at Wolftrap, a National Park for the Performing Arts in Vienna, Virginia.
The unique aspect of this theater is that it's open-air and people can pay less to sit out on the grass. we paid extra and sat closer to the stage. It was a delightful show.

No comments: