14 May 2014

Grandma Time in Texas

I spent a long weekend in Katy in March.  Lissa and Jason had planned an overnight trip to Austin, so I got to spend two full days of quality time with Kiera and Savannah.
 While Kiera was in school I took Savannah to the mall to go shopping with me.  She was a good little companion.  Here's a selfie (in the mirror) I took when we were in the dressing room at Old Navy.
Her reward for being so cooperative was to ride the carousel in the mall.
 I got to experience the process of dropping off and picking up Kiera at school.  The school has a very organized system in place.
 The girls in their church dresses.  Savannah's hair is turning more blonde and she's looking more like Kiera as she gets older.
 Savannah's hair was very red like her mama's when she was little, as you can see from this picture from February 2012.
The girls are good friends and play together pretty well most of the time.
Before I went to Texas Kiera had asked me to sew her a dress like the one Elsa wears in the movie, "Frozen."  I bought the fabric and pattern before I got to Katy, but didn't want to attempt to make the dress until I could fit it to Kiera to make sure it was the right size.  
I purposely made it a bit big so that Kiera would be able to wear it a couple of years, even if she grows. I felt like I was making a prom dress, and I certainly hope it holds up to being worn by a five-year-old!  Kiera was thrilled with the dress, and I'm glad I have the ability to make it for her. 

2 comments:

L3 said...

OHMYGOSH! The elaborate process for picking up kids from school in Texas is unbelievable! I'm too afraid of public humiliation to try it - although Mel seems to do fine. It's hard to describe, isn't it? In all the schools our kids attended, I never saw anything that came close.
Your granddaughters are darling.

Lissa said...

What cute granddaughters you have! I sure miss Savannah's red hair! We are glad you came and that we'll get to see you again in about a month! :)