18 February 2014

Christmas Carols Filled the Air...

I usually put the pictures from my Christmas recital in with the rest of the December photos, but wanted to put a few more in than usual this year, so I'm doing a separate post.  Below are the two versions of the invitations I made.  It's great to use my silhouette machine for the fancy background and to cut out the piano. It's hard to see, but the invitation is printed on paper with music notes on it.

For the first time ever I set up two pianos for this recital.
Here's a better view of the two pianos.  This is also a cute picture because these three siblings are playing a trio version of "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."  Note the slide on the screen.
This shot is mostly to show the powerpoint slide show Kent and I put together; each Christmas carol the students played had a picture slide to go with it.
This was also a first and the main reason I set up two pianos for the recital--a brother and sister playing a duet on two pianos instead of on just one.  It sounded awesome!
A picture of the crowd, showing what a large group it was.
This year's group of students. I have more boy students than girls this year, which I don't think has ever happened before.
Every year I give my students a music themed ornament, and these are the ornaments I gave out this year. They're made out of  thin wood, which Kent cut out for me. I painted the white first, then the black, and drew the keys on by hand with a permanent marker. They're about 3.5 tall by 3 inches wide.

1 comment:

DBartonRD said...

What a great post, Elaine! Brings back lots of memories and you always have such beautiful recitals. LOVE the addition of power point pictures. You have a good-looking group of students! Enjoy!