28 November 2013

Visit to Texas

I thought it would be fun to spend Halloween in Texas to go trick-or-treating with the Stinson girls, so I flew in on Halloween morning. 
 Savannah was too shy to say "trick-or-treat" at first, but got the hang of it.  She liked getting the candy!
 Savannah hamming for the camera as her daddy is expounding a point to Lissa and a neighbor.
It happened to be the week of the International Quilt Festival in Houston, so I spent a few hours there.  I took a picture of this poster because I went to the Yokohama Quilt Show at least twice when we lived in Japan in the 90's, so this brought back memories.
Now that Kiera is in kindergarten, I had the chance to eat lunch with her in the school cafeteria.  Lissa provided the Chick-fil-a.  It was fun to see Kiera's school and teacher.
 Kiera likes to play with my accessories.  On my last visit she used my scarves to decorate her bouncy horse.  On this visit she wore my bracelets on her ankles.
 Here are the stylish girls in their sunglasses on our way to the mall to ride the carousel.
 Kiera wanted to go in the tea cup on the carousel, and of course Savannah does whatever Kiera says. I have to admit all the spinning made me a bit nauseous.
 I tried to take some pictures while we were on the ride with my camera phone, and this one turned out the best.  You can see the girls were having a great time!
 On previous visits I would watch Kiera at her gymnastics class.  On this trip I watched Savannah at her "Mommy and Me" gymnastics class.
To quote the Primary song, "it's always fun for everyone when Grandma comes!"

2 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Those Stinsons are probably a lot more fun to visit than we are. We don't have as busy of a social calendar. Plus, I'm really jealous of those shorts of Halloween!

L3 said...

Where in Houston do your kids live? Elizabeth and her family live in Cypress - we love going to eat lunch with the kids at school. I think we've been to the mall with the carousel.