15 November 2012

Marvelous Merriment in Minneapolis, Minnesota

After the sometimes grim photos from our trip to India, it's time for some pictures of a sweet grandchild!

In October Kent and I flew to Minnesota to help Sophia Lee celebrate her first birthday.  I was able to stay for five days, but Kent could only be there for the weekend.
There are lots of pictures of Sophia's actual birthday party on Adri's blog, so I'll just put in pictures from our other activities.  In the pictures below, Kent and I are keeping an eye on Sophia as she eats her birthday cake.

In the picture below Sophia is "helping" her mom make the cute cake toppers for the cupcakes.
 We took a Sunday afternoon walk to the playground so Sophia could have a change of scenery.
 As is typical of most babies, Sophia LOVES to swing.
 Such an adorable girl. . . .
 with very kissable cheeks!!
 Sophia practicing her walking skills with Grandma and Grandpa.
 I couldn't decide which of these photos of Adri and Sophia I liked better, so I put them both in!  The autumn colors were at their peak in Minneapolis.

 Sophia in her new high chair, with her foot on the tray.  Hmmmm, reminds me of her mama--
Adri was a little confused on what the tray of the high chair was for, too!!  (picture taken in 1989)
Since Russ is attending the University of Minnesota, we posed for some pictures on the campus.

4 comments:

Garrett and Krystal said...

Cute pictures! I love the one with Sophia in her sunglasses and necklace on a walk. It looked like a fun trip!

Adri and Russ Lee said...

I hadn't seen most of these pictures from your trip. Man, what a cute little girl I have! Glad you guys could come celebrate her birthday :)

Jason and Lissa said...

Bahaha, she may not look like Adri but she has her personality! What a cute niece I have!

Dana said...

I was amazed at how much Sophia looks like Adri in her baby picture! I'm impressed that she didn't have cake all over the place! It's so nice you can go to this milestone events!