31 July 2012

Party Time in Texas!

I was able to spend ten days in Texas at the beginning of July with the Stinsons to help both girls celebrate their birthdays.  Lissa has done a wonderful job of documenting the parties with lots of pictures on her blog, so I thought I'd put in some miscellaneous shots of Kiera and Savannah that I took while I was there.
Savannah LOVES bling, but she wasn't so sure about the sunglasses I brought her. 
 Lissa put on a fabulous Hello Kitty birthday party per Kiera's request.  Hard to believe Kiera is four already!
 The series of photos below crack me up, because it shows the challenges of getting both girls (especially Savannah) to cooperate during a photo shoot.  This was on Sunday and the girls are in their church dresses.
  The one below is probably the best one of the bunch!
  Daddy had to come in and try to get Savannah facing the right direction.
Savannah chilling with her necklaces. She puts the necklaces on by herself and is usually wearing at least one.
 Kent was able to come for six days and really loved interacting with Kiera and Savannah.
 This is a picture of Savannah on her first birthday, and I think it really shows her usually cheerful and easy going personality.
 Kent and I were able to go to Kiera's gymnastics class and watch lots of great moves.
As usual, our time went by too quickly and it was hard to say good-bye!

2 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

What cute girls, full of personality. :) I think the hello kitty party picture is great - it's like every single thing in the picture or in the background had hello kitty on it! I think you need to get Sophia some sunglasses, although I doubt she'd like them very much. We don't have much luck with sun hats at least. I'm glad Dad got to go see the girls, too so it wasn't just you having all the fun :)

Jason and Lissa said...

What cute granddaughters you have! :) Sure glad you guys could come down for their birthdays!