04 February 2010

23 Years Ago Today.........

23 years ago today at 4:47am, Tyler K. joined our family. He was born in Kaiserslautern, Germany. I remember that the month before he was born it was extremely cold. I didn't have a coat that would fit around me, so I had to borrow one.

We called the birthmark on his forehead his "kissing spot."
At age 7 months I wrote that we called him "Tyler the Smiler" because he smiled at everyone. He would smile so big that his eyes would close, but not when we took his picture.
I wrote this in Tyler's journal when he was 17 months old--"You have a mischievous little smile that gets you out of trouble sometimes when you've done something naughty. You also have a cute little laugh and a twinkle in your eye when you want to be charming." (Note: The quality of the picture below is awful, but Tyler looks so ADORABLE!!)
From the journal entry on his 2nd birthday--"For some reason you will take almost any object that remotely resembles an L-shape, hold it like a gun and make shooting sounds. Since the only type of gun we've ever had in the house is a squirt gun, I don't know why you're so enthralled with guns. You even took your candy cane at Christmas time and pretended it was a gun."
From the journal entry when he's 2 and a 1/2 years old--"For a long time your hair always looked messy because whenever I would brush it you'd rub your hands through your hair when I was done and mess it up again."
Quotes from when he was age 3 and a 1/2--
Tyler: Mom, my tummy was laughing.
Mom: Why was it laughing?
Tyler: Because juice kind of makes it laugh.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler: I hate wearing church clothes.
Mom: Why is that?
Tyler: I hate looking cute.
Age four-- "When Heavenly Father made poeple he had to make the feet first. Do you know why? Because if he made the head first it would just fall down with nothing to hold it up."
Age 4 and a 1/2-- "I know what 'impressive' means. It means, 'Wow! I didn't know you could do that!'"
Age five-- " If you eat on one side of your mouth it makes that side of your body grow more. See, I'm leaning."
Age 9-- Tyler: Do I have to go to college?
Mom: Yes
Tyler: But that means I'll have to go to three extra years of school!
Age 10, letter to his friend (written after they'd had a fight): "You don't like me so I don't like you. You just walk in our house like you own it. I mean we need some pirevicy, right? We don't just walk into your house, do we? Didn't think so. For all these reasons, TJ is my best friend.
from your ex-best-friend, Tyler Carson"
Age 11 (when he wrote about himself for a school assignment)-- "My big brother, Garrett, is my best friend of all. We like to play legos and role-playing games together, and we also play computer games together."
Happy birthday, Tyler; We love you very much!!

3 comments:

Adri and Russ Lee said...

Those quotes are so cute. Tyler has always been the funniest Carson. :) I'll have to try that eating on only one side of my mouth thing!

Lissa said...

You forgot the one he said when he was at my wedding...*heavy sigh* "I'm wearing a flower." Doh, Tyler was so CYAT!

Jason said...

I always thought Tyler leaned to one side... now I know why. Happy Birthday, Tyler.