13 April 2009

Pretty in Pink!

Elaine and I went to the Washington DC Cherry Blossom Festival before we flew to SLC to spend conference weekend with the kids. It was beauiful, though a little dark and cloudy.

We walked all around the tidal basin, which took longer than we thought it would. It started raining (of course) about ten minutes before we got back to where we'd parked. We had to run to catch our plane, but we made it! We took the metro to Reagan National airport and got to the gate just as they started boarding.

6 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

How pretty! It reminds me of Japan.

Amanda Impett said...

That is just beautiful. Wow! I'm glad you had time to go and see them and that you didn't miss your plane.

The Mortensens said...

I love these pictures! Everything looks so beautiful even though it's dark and cloudy.

Melanie said...

WHOA! Those pictures totally took my breath away!! Gorgeous!

Krista said...

Too, too lovely! I have a few blosoms on my trees in the garden. I love spring!

Traveling Deckers said...

What amazing pictures. They look like post cards.