27 March 2009

Crazy Trip to Florida

Elaine bought tickets to see Fiddler on the Roof. (Note from Elaine: The reason I REALLY wanted to see this play is because it was starring Topol, who played the role in the movie 38 years ago. It's Topol's farewell tour, and Florida was the closest place to us it was playing. And in my defense, I didn't know Florida was so far away; people in our ward drive there all the time!) Not a problem, normally. However this theater happened to be in Jacksonville, Florida. No problem, just a short drive down the road.
We left home at 0900

At10 30 we found this quaint little village and took a short tour


At 11:00 we entered North Carolina


At 1:30 we entered South Carolina


at 4:00 we entered Georgia


At 7:00 we arrived in Florida

The crazy part is yet to come, Tomorrow we will start the return trip at 5:00 pm.

At least traffic should be light.
Who says old people can't do wild and crazy things?

5 comments:

Jason and Lissa said...

You guys are so spontaneous! Have fun at the play! I'm so jealous you get to see it before I do!

Smith Family said...

You guys are just too cool! Hope you enjoy the play, it would be fun to see.

Traveling Deckers said...

at least you are spending quality time together! I hope the show was good.

Krista said...

Fun pictures! I am so glad you keep up a blog. I noticed you had ours on the side line but actually I have a true blog at www.karpworld.com/blog

Amanda Impett said...

That sounds like so much fun. I hope you had a good time.